I have over nine years experience providing online support for a range of issues including mental health, wellbeing and resilience, relationships, and sexual health. I’m a confident writer and editor (particularly for online audiences and young people). I’m experienced in facilitating peer support and managing online communities.
- developing and writing mental health content in Mind’s Information Team,
- moderating Mind’s Elefriends community,
- supporting Contact A Family to co-design and develop moderation processes and guidelines, train and support moderators, build engagement and market their new community platform,
- updating Radio 1’s BBC Advice pages on mental health,
- delivering online peer support training for Action on Post Partum Psychosis,
- conducting research and providing recommendations for the Miscarriage Association on achieving accredited status for learning materials developed for healthcare professionals, and
- developing resources and support for women who are pregnant after a previous loss.
- written 26 articles for Bupa’s new Workplace Wellbeing Hub (online soon),
- written information for on sexual abuse, online grooming, gang life and crime for youth charity The Mix,
- written for Standard Issue magazine,
- project managed the development of learning resources for health professionals for the Miscarriage Association,
- project managed, written and edited a paediatric information project for the British Lung Foundation,
- moderated the Depression Alliance’s online community Friends in Need
- written youth-focused money content for The Mix and Lloyd’s bank Money for Life project,
- copy-edited and proofed online money management training for The Mix,
- delivered online community management training for Leeds Mind,
- delivered online community moderation training for OCDAction,
- delivered a Workplace Wellbeing Lunch & Learn for Dixon’s Carphone Warehouse, and
- coached new support chat volunteers on TheSite.org’s online community.
In 2015 I spent nine months maternity cover working on Mind’s online peer support community Elefriends. This involves moderation, training and co-design.
Earlier in 2015 I completed a project developing youth resources for the Miscarriage Association and acted as a community development consultant for the Katy Piper Foundation.
For the past three years I have delivered online peer support training for Action for Post Partum Psychosis volunteers. I ran self-care and emotional wellbeing training for 150 City YearUK volunteers and online training in supporting young people to access talking therapies for YouthNetUK chat moderators.
In 2014 I delivered six reports on organisations as part of the Workplace Healthcheck programme for Time to Change. I worked for Taskforce Digital on a range of projects including support with digital marketing, copywriting and online volunteer guidelines for the Miscarriage Association.
I have written for Mind, The Mix, Standard Issue, The Telegraph, One In Four, TheSite.org, Young Minds, Prospect Magazine, New Level, The Centre Of Excellence Online, Equilibrium Magazine, Living Streets, The Miscarriage Association and the Guardian.