Communication and writing
I research and write information articles, features and support pieces personally and professionally • I have experience working to the Information Standard • I have thirteen years experience working and communicating with a range of stakeholders including volunteers, service users, expert partners and freelancers • I offer training in online support and communication • I have experience running both on and offline focus groups and workshops.
Online community moderation and engagement
I have thirteen years experience in community moderation, consultation and co-creation on a range of platforms – including mental health, relationships and wellbeing support services • I am experienced in using social media personally and professionally • I am experienced in engaging community members and developing content and services through co-creation.
Training and volunteer support
I have five years experience managing all aspects of a volunteer programme • I have developed and delivered OCNLR accredited on and offline training courses and coaching programmes including Essential Skills for Online Support and Advanced Skills for Moderators/Relationship Advisors.
Advice and guidance
I have spent eight years working in IAG • I led on YouthNet’s expert support service askTheSite; this included training staff, quality control and daily management.
Working with young people
I have eight years experience training, supporting and managing young people in the UK and abroad – with a particular emphasis on mental health, relationships and sexual health.
Education and training
- PGCertificate Journalism and Media • Birkbeck • Distinction
- Philosophy • Cambridge University • 2.1
Issue focused training courses
- Responding to suicidal callers • Helplines Partnership
- Managing suicidal contacts • Samaritans
- Youth Mental Health First Aid • Mental Health First Aid England and Rethink
- Sex, relationships and disability • Leonard Cheshire
- Abortion – decisions and dilemmas • Education for Choice
- Dealing with challenging contacts • Samaritans
- Confidentiality, young people and the law • Brook
- Sexual health, relationships and young people • Brook
- Information Advice & Guidance Skills • RGG Associates
- Introduction to NLP • NLP School
- Storytelling and the Imagination with David Almond • Guardian Masterclass
Skills focused training courses
- Management • Pheonix Training
- Writing for the web • Sarah Tamsin at WCVA
- Public speaking • Speaking with Authenticity
- Moodle administrator • How To Moodle
- Moodle course creator • How To Moodle
- Course administrator training • Open College Network
- Assessing Portfolios • Open College Network
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy • Breathing Space London
- View my Linked in profile.